+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Footprint is offline Uncommon

Default exile target creature you control then return that card to the battlefield what mean?

i have new card called cloudshift from new set avacyn restored and it says exile target creature you control then return that card to the battlefield what does this mean exactly

Jake1991 is offline Scarce

Default Re: exile target creature you control then return that card to the battlefield what m

It means exactly what it says.

When Cloudshift resolves, target creature you control is sent from the battlefield to exile, and then is returned from exile to the battlefield.
    Last edited by Jake1991; 05-22-2012 at 10:55 AM.

Footprint is offline Uncommon

Default Re: exile target creature you control then return that card to the battlefield what m

so whats the point of this card than, it doesnt seem to do anything?

But it does do something. The creature is leaving and re-entering the battlefield.

It can save your creature from removal spells, like Doom Blade.
    It can reuse 'enters the battlefield' triggered abilities.
    It can activate soulbond.
    It can be used to 'reset' a creature by removing counters, Auras, and lingering effects.

Leafy is offline Uncommon

when you exile a tapped creature does it come back into play tapped?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

It comes back as though freshly cast. If it normally enters untapped, it'll be untapped (and unflipped, untransformed, and face up).

And before the question comes up because I know it will, yes, the creature will be affected by summoning sickness.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

walky is offline Uncommon

do you have to pay the mana again when it comes back to battlefield? and if so, what if i dont have enough mana?

also, if i originally cast it without kicker, can i choose to pay kicker now? (and vice versa)?

Quote Originally Posted by walky View Post
    do you have to pay the mana again when it comes back to battlefield? and if so, what if i dont have enough mana?

also, if i originally cast it without kicker, can i choose to pay kicker now? (and vice versa)?

No and no.

The creature is returning to the battlefield due to an effect. You don't pay it's mana cost again.

The creature is not being cast. You can't kick it.

walky is offline Uncommon

does a card lose all of its counters when it is exiled?

Again - it comes back as though freshly cast. It loses any counters it had before, and comes back with any counters that it normally enters the battlefield with.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

battlefield is offline Uncommon

so if a creature would die due to loss of counters can you flicker it in repsonse to save it ?

If you do it before it actually loses the counters, yes.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

willie is offline Uncommon

can i block a creature and then exile it and return it?

Yup. And it's removed from combat when you do so, so it won't deal or be dealt any damage (and neither will the creature it blocked, unless it has trample).
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Leafy is offline Uncommon

does exile get rid of level counters?

I've said it twice now.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Mountain is offline Uncommon

if blinking a morph, does it count as turned face up?

for example, would you destroy a target enchantment when blinking/flickering Daru Sanctifier?

N. It leaves the battlefield, then returns face-up. It's never actually turned face-up.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

hideseek is offline Uncommon

what about planeswalkers and loyalty counters? does exile a planeswalker remove loyalty counters?

Warrior is offline Uncommon

Quote Originally Posted by hideseek View Post
    what about planeswalkers and loyalty counters? does exile a planeswalker remove loyalty counters?
    This was already answered:

Quote Originally Posted by Arix View Post
    Again - it comes back as though freshly cast. It loses any counters it had before, and comes back with any counters that it normally enters the battlefield with.