Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DatAsh

Thread: does double strike deal double damage to players

Sektor is offline Common

Default does double strike deal double damage to players

does double strike deal double dmg to players

DatAsh is offline Rare

Default Re: does double strike deal double damage to players

No, double strike never deals double damage to anything. Double strike is defined as follows:

Double strike is a keyword ability that allows a creature to deal combat damage during both the First Strike and the normal Combat Damage Step.
    This means that the creature deals regular combat damage twice, doesn't matter if it's blocked or not.

Sektor is offline Common

so if it does combat dmg twice it will do double damage?

DatAsh is offline Rare

No, you're not really understanding what I'm getting at. The reason it won't deal double damage is because double damage is something else entirely. Furnace of Rath doubles damage, double strike makes a creature deal combat damage two times. The main difference here is that the creature's power can be modified between combat damage steps. Here's an example:

I have a Fencing Ace enchanted with Curiosity and I attack you. You have no creatures so Fencing Ace deals one damage to you in the first combat damage step. Curiosity triggers and I draw a card. The card I draw is Show of Valor, so I cast it targeting my Ace. My Ace is now a 3/5, and deals 3 damage in the normal combat damage step.

You see what I mean? Saying that the creature does double damage is a little misleading.