+ Reply to Thread
    Blobby is offline Common

Default can i have 5 of the same magic cards in a deck

can i have 5 of the same mtg cards in my deck?

kip
    kip is offline Scarce

Default Re: can i have 5 of the same magic cards in a deck

no the most you can have is four of the same card (except for basic lands which you can have as many as you want)

Kenji is offline Scarce

In Constructed formats (that's any format where you bring your own deck to use), 4 is the maximum number of any card besides basic lands. Remember, the banned/restricted list for a given format may further restrict the amount of a card you can have. Here's a link that shows you the various banned/restricted lists: Banned / Restricted Lists for DCI-Sanctioned Magic: The Gathering Tournaments : Resources : Trading Card Game : Magic: The Gathering

In Limited play, where your deck is made at the event using booster packs that you open (so, Sealed/Draft), you can have as many of a given card that you'd like, if you happen to get more than 4. Given the random distribution of packs, however, the odds that this will happen aren't very high for the most part.

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji View Post
    In Limited play, where your deck is made at the event using booster packs that you open (so, Sealed/Draft), you can have as many of a given card that you'd like, if you happen to get more than 4. Given the random distribution of packs, however, the odds that this will happen aren't very high for the most part.
    Say that to the guy who drafted seven Krovikan Mists.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Kenji is offline Scarce

Haha...damn. Though, to be fair, Coldsnap was a smaller set. Also, drafting significantly improves your odds of getting higher numbers of cards, since you see a much higher number of packs compared to the mere 6 you open in Sealed play.