+ Reply to Thread
    seba1983 Guest

Default I'm leaving the forum - here are the reasons if you care

hi

most of you should know me by now. also most of you should know that magic has been frustraiting me a lot in the past half year or so. i took a break to see if fun would return. it has not. hence i am quitting magic for good and selling all of my cards. that is one of the reasons i will also quit this forum.

the other reason is that this forum does not offer what i want even if i were to keep playing magic. there is nothing wrong with a forum that is almost exlusivly for answering noob questions. its just not enough for me and also the repetative nature practiced in this forum still bothers me a lot. jared said its good for the forum but i still disagree. the unneccacery spamming of questions where a quick use of the search function would have done realy annoys me. also the lack of comunity is something i realy miss here. i tried my best to change that but was dissapointed by you people over and over. by doing so you did however make my choice to quit magic for good a lot easier.

the only thing that bothers me is that the people im talking about here will probably not bother to read this or even if they do not care. ohh well not my problem any more.

what i will do now is go back to playing vampire the eternal struggle. a ccg based on vampire the masquarade (roleplaying game by white wolf game studios). it was created by richard garfield. thats the guy who inveted magic in case you dont know where the game you play comes from. here are my reasons why i think v:tes is supirior to m:tg:

1. better multiplayer expiriance - the game was created for multiplayer, magic was not. so no suprise multiplayer is nice with v:tes.

2. no chasm between competative and casual - any deck you can win a casual table with you can also win a tournament with. also any deck you play at a tournament will not be unfaire or cheesy at a casual table.

3. a lot cheaper - with v:tes onyl 1 edition is realesed each year so its easyer to keep up. also the most expensive individual cards cost 15$. nothing more expensive than that. most expensive cards are only required for a very specific deck. if you dont want to play that deck you dont need those cards. lastly booster boxes are cheaer than in magic.

4. better comuninty - the vtes comunity is a very good one. or put more bluntly they lack the good number of idiots magic has. they also stick together realy well, even on a global level.

5. card you create can see print - if you send wizards a card idea nothing will happen. if you run a "create your own storyline" tournament (where you can create special cards for the event) white wolfe collects those cards and each year picks a couple that then see print.

6. you can directly influence the backstory of the game - once a year there is something called a storyline tournament. with that you as a player can directly influence the background of the game. magic does not have that.

7. the background is important - if magic had absolutely no back story it would not be so successful, ture. however when you sit down at a table to play all that is forgotten very quickly. at tournaments story is non-existant. not so with vtes. the story is important and that give the entire game a much nicer feel.

8. more mature - the game is directed at a much more mature audiance than magic. from what i expirianced in this forum this has become very important to me.

9. the background is cooler - if you never played the roleplaying game you wont understand but trust me vtes has much cooler things than lame planeswalker.

10. better gameplay - ohh thats an important one. richard garfield created magic first then vtes. in vtes he then changed everything that was not that good in magic but he could not change any more. in a way vtes is magic 2.0 from a rules perspective ... simply a lot better.

i think those reasons should do for now.

so i say good bye. i dont think i will miss magic or the 1 millions question about shroud. i will however stick arround just a little longer to see if anyone actualy cares that im leaving. i know its kind of sad but i realy do want to know .

kip
    kip is offline Scarce

Default Re: I'm leaving the forum - here are the reasons if you care

bye i hope you come back you answered lotsa questions and helped me learn magic

Arix is offline Merrymaker

I haven't been here very long, but it still sucks to see you go. I tried VTES a couple of times and found it wasn't really my cup of tea, but to each his own. Enjoy wherever it is you decide to go.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

seba1983 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Arix View Post
    I haven't been here very long, but it still sucks to see you go. I tried VTES a couple of times and found it wasn't really my cup of tea, but to each his own. Enjoy wherever it is you decide to go.
    sure it wont be everyone cup of tee. especialy if you dont like vampires and horror (e.g. maimed bodys, blood etc.) you will not like the game. the pretty steep learning cureve also turns some people off.

Kappu1 is offline Scarce

Sad to see you go Seba I really enjoyed reading alot of the stuff you posted and also your Primers where alot of fun I even got started on Death and Taxes because of it. I hope that you can still be around from time to time to maybe check your IM's and what not incase some of us want to talk to you still. I've never heard of V:tes but then again I wouldn't have anywhere to play that since they do magic here in the area.

Good luck in V:tes they are getting a very valuable person in there forums if you know as much about that game as you do this one.

I for one will miss you.