+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kenji

Thread: can someone please explain to me exactly how karn liberated works?

Default can someone please explain to me exactly how karn liberated works?

can someone explain karn liberated from new phyrexia? I read the card but I dont get it

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: can someone please explain to me exactly how karn liberated works?

What exactly is it that confuses you?
    Fluttershy is best pony.

the last ability

What about it? You restart the game, and put all permanent cards exiled by Karn into play.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

does it mean I win?

Kenji is offline Scarce

No, it does not.

There's actually an FAQ on Karn Liberated on the Daily MTG site, here (it's all the way at the bottom of the page):

The Golem's Legacy : Daily MTG : Magic: The Gathering

If you're still confused, feel free to ask more, but that covers the basics. This bullet point in particular addresses your question:

* A game that restarts immediately ends. The players in that game then immediately begin a new game. No player wins, loses, or draws the original game as a result of Karn's ability.

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

When you restart the game, it's exactly what it sounds like. A redo. Nobody won, but you're going to restart the game to find out who will win... again... It can be risky because you could lose, but the chances are low.

Lord Efreet is offline Very Common

I have used Karn. He is one of my four planeswalkers, and I love him intensely. He starts with 6 loyalty counters and his abilities are these: +4: Exile card from target player's hand. What this means is a target player must chose a card from their hands and remove it from play. Even when Karn is destroyed, the card remains exiled. -3: Exile target permanent from play. This means any permanents on the feild (lands, creatures, equipment, and enchantments) is exiled to the same pile as the ones from your hand. And finally, his -14: Restart the game. That means that all poisen counters are removed, both life totals return to 20, all creatures, lands, and graveyards are shuffled back into your library. And then, you take control of all the non-aura cards, so basically any permanent. As far as I know, they don't have haste, and act as if they had been summoned your first turn, so they can't attack right out of the gate.

As far as I know, they don't have haste, and act as if they had been summoned your first turn, so they can't attack right out of the gate.
    All correct except for this bit. You start with the permanents in play under your control. Since you have indeed controlled them since the beginning of your most recent turn, they can attack.
    Fluttershy is best pony.