+ Reply to Thread
    tommy is offline Uncommon

Default tapped creature use ability

possible to use creature ability when creature is tapped?

Kappu1 is offline Scarce

Default Re: tapped creature use ability

From what I have read on the forums here as long as the ability dosn't require you to tap the creature for that ability then you can still use it the creature is just not able to attack or block while tapped.

Again new here so if I'm wrong please correct me!

seba1983 Guest

confirm. that how i like new players. quick on the uptake and motivated to spend time on getting to know more

a couple examples that you can use abilities of creatures while they are tapped

sacrificing-as long you don't have to tap the creature to sac it, you can do that, look at wild cantor for an example. You sac it for one mana of any color.

If there is a cost to an ability that does not have the tap symbol, it can be done. quillspike has tap a B/G remove a -1/-1 counter from target creature, quillspike gets +3/+3 intill end of turn.

the untapping ability- yes, some creatures need to be tapped in order to do this ability, gilder bairn(sp) is an example, look it up on the gatherer.

landfall is triggered, even if the creature is tapped.

Im sure there are other situations or abilities, but thats all i can think of right now.

seba1983 Guest

any triggered ability will work wether or not a creature is taped that includes landfall of course.

also static abilitys dont care if the creature is taped or not (stuff like first strike for example is an ability )