+ Reply to Thread
    kadim is offline Common

Default When in mtg I tap creature to attack, does it's tapping ability activate?

When creature I tap it in combat for attacing, do it's tap abilities trigger?

Default Re: When in mtg I tap creature to attack, does it's tapping ability activate?

No. Attacking will not auto-activate activated abilities of creatures. You have to tap the creature and/or pay other required costs specifically using an activated ability.

kadim is offline Common

Default Re: When in mtg I tap creature to attack, does it's tapping ability activate?

so I cant attack and activate tap ability at the same time

Nik
    Nik is offline Scarce

only if creature has vigilance

Arix is offline Merrymaker

This is the main difference between activated and triggered abilities. With activated abilities, you must pay the cost specifically to activate them - they don't automatically "happen" just because the cost happened to be paid due to some other effect. Triggered abilities, on the other hand, you can't trigger whenever you please (you can't, for example, just tap Fallowsage for no reason), but they trigger whenever the trigger ever happens to occur (if you attack with Fallowsage, you get to draw).
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Soddda is offline Uncommon

if a land enters the battlefield tapped (for instance, Darkslick Shores) do i get the mana from it into the mana pool?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

No. Just like above, you have to pay the cost specifically to get the ability, you don't get the mana just because it happens to be tapped.
    Fluttershy is best pony.