+ Reply to Thread
    Claw is offline Uncommon

Default which magic the gathering cards should i start with?

which magic cards should i start with?

seba1983 Guest

Default Re: which magic the gathering cards should i start with?

that is a very difficult question to answer. the most straightforward answer i can give you is any that you like.

the more complex answer is it depends. if your compleatly new to the game its a good idear to stick to cards that are not that complex at first. "normal" creatures, spells that deal damage etc. a good first deck to play with is usualy one of 2 things. either its an agressiv deck where you play creatures attack and try to kill your opponent pretty fast. or tis a theme deck where you play all your favourit cards. angels, dragons, demons, vampire, huge green creatures etc. these are the most common deck new players use. while they are not that powerful most of the time, the people who play them enjoy them a lot and thats the important part.

there are also preconstructed decks. you can simply buy one take it out of the box and play. whilst this is a very quick way to a deck most of them are not that good. you can however youse them as a starting point adding and takeing out stuff as you like.

theoreticly you can go into something more difficult right from the get-go but i would only do that if you feel very confidant that you know and fully understand all rules you have encounterd so far.

how many games have you played so far? have you had a chance to figure out what kind of strategy you prefer (more offensive or more defensive)? how well is you knowledge of the rules?

if you give me that info i could throw together a quick decklist that is cheap in terms of money with cards you can easiely get hold of and will suite your playstyle to get you started.