+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    muppeteer is offline Common
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    12

    Default Outwit Rules Question

    If a character is in hindering terrain, can I still use outwit on it?

  2. #2
    klicker's Avatar
    klicker is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    517

    Default

    You can outwit as long as you have line of sight to the heroclix figure that you are outwitting. So hindering terrain won't prevent you from outwitting, unless the character you are outwitting has stealth in which case you dont have line of sight to it.

  3. #3
    Gamereaper is offline Common
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    27

    Default Re: Outwit Rules Question

    Quote Originally Posted by klicker View Post
    You can outwit as long as you have line of sight to the heroclix figure that you are outwitting. So hindering terrain won't prevent you from outwitting, unless the character you are outwitting has stealth in which case you dont have line of sight to it.
    Very True, Since Ranged Attacks Can Still Hit Into Hindering Terrain At A Penalty, It Would Work, But Since You Are Not Rolling "To Hit" There Is No Penalty.

    Now To Make Your Guy's Heads Hurt:

    Say You Got A Person Using The Power Cosmic Team Ability, The Quintessence Team Ability, Or Someone Whose Powers CANNOT Be Countered, They Decide To Use Outwit On Someone Who Is Using Stealth, Would It Work Since Their Powers Cannot Be Countered?

  4. #4
    klicker's Avatar
    klicker is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    517

    Default Re: Outwit Rules Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamereaper View Post

    Say You Got A Person Using The Power Cosmic Team Ability, The Quintessence Team Ability, Or Someone Whose Powers CANNOT Be Countered, They Decide To Use Outwit On Someone Who Is Using Stealth, Would It Work Since Their Powers Cannot Be Countered?
    They cannot use outwit on someone who is in stealth as it is considered that there is no line of fire so outwit cannot work. (Outwit is not considered "Countered" in this case, its just that the requirements for using the ability have not been met)

  5. #5
    Gamereaper is offline Common
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    27

    Default Re: Outwit Rules Question

    Quote Originally Posted by klicker View Post
    They cannot use outwit on someone who is in stealth as it is considered that there is no line of fire so outwit cannot work. (Outwit is not considered "Countered" in this case, its just that the requirements for using the ability have not been met)
    Good Point, But It Is The Power That Is Making Those Prerequisites Not Possible.

    What If They Were 2 People Those Abilities Cannot Be Countered? I Ran Into That Once.
    Last edited by Gamereaper; 11-29-2009 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Bla

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. heroclix rules outwit range
    By Guest 4433 in forum Guests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 09:14 AM
  2. Outwit rules
    By Guest 1156 in forum Guests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 11:18 AM
  3. heroclix, outwit rules
    By Guest 4582 in forum Guests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2010, 05:44 AM
  4. Outwit Game Rules
    By Guest 1156 in forum Guests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-20-2010, 05:05 PM
  5. outwit rules
    By Guest 3402 in forum Guests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 02:22 PM

Tags for this Thread





All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:06 PM. Copyright (c) 2008 - 2011 RarityGuide, Inc. All rights reserved. All trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.