+ Reply to Thread
    klicker is offline Super Moderator

Default WizKids shutting down? No more Heroclix?

This is shocking:

Announcement

The Topps Company announced today that WizKids will immediately cease operations and discontinue its product lines.

Scott Silverstein, CEO of Topps, said “This was an extremely difficult decision. While the company will still actively pursue gaming initiatives, we feel it is necessary to align our efforts more closely with Topps current sports and entertainment offerings which are being developed within our New York office.”

Upon notifying our partners, Topps will immediately pursue strategic alternatives so that viable brands and properties, including HeroClix, can continue without noticeable disruption. To that end, WizKids will continue supporting Buy it By the Brick redemptions for Arkham Asylum, and the December Organized Play events for HeroClix.

For consumer announcements, please refer to WizKids Games over the coming days for further information.
    Source:

WizKids Games

sonicshield is offline Scarce

Oh damn and I just got into this game, liked it very much

jared is offline Staff

Quote Originally Posted by sonicshield View Post
    Oh damn and I just got into this game, liked it very much
    I hear there are some companies that might be willing to buy Heroclix from Topps and continue its production; So Heroclix might not be dead yet.

And even if Heroclix production ceases, there are still tons of sets and figures that have already been produced, which will keep you busy for a long time especially since you just started now.

sonicshield is offline Scarce

Any updates on this?

I already noticed some HeroClix going down in value in the rarity guide, am assuming its because of this uncertainty. Hope some good company buys HeroClix and then theyll go up in value again