+ Reply to Thread
    corby is offline Trivia Master

Gear Best way to learn the Guitar?

I want to learn how to play the Guitar. I bought one of those Acoustic starter kits from Target. It had a book in it which is supposed to teach you how to play but it isn't very useful.

What would be the best way to teach myself the guitar? I don't want to take lessons (since I also work and study so I have little free time)

jared is offline Staff

Yeah it can be hard to learn from a book. Visuals are especially important because you need to see how to hold the guitar and how to lay your fingers where playing the chords.

I'll suggest you check out YouTube, just search for guitar tutorials there, there are many videos that that I am sure will help you learn to play the guitar.

speedy is offline Common

Quote Originally Posted by jared View Post
    Yeah it can be hard to learn from a book. Visuals are especially important because you need to see how to hold the guitar and how to lay your fingers where playing the chords.

I'll suggest you check out YouTube, just search for guitar tutorials there, there are many videos that that I am sure will help you learn to play the guitar.
    I agree with Jared, look for online guitar tutorials. It's a good way to learn, and it is free.

guitar classes might also be a good idea if you are serious about it, but I know many who are self taught and play the guitar as well as anyone who took classes. But try and see what works for you.

corby is offline Trivia Master

Thanks for all the feedback.

I Have begun learning by watching YouTube tutorials, can play a few simple chords so far like C G and E

bobbychavira is offline Common

Default Re: Best way to learn the Guitar?

According to me the best way is to learn guitar is to join guitar classes or you prefer youtube.