+ Reply to Thread
    kontext is offline Common

Default $100,000 for a smashed guitar

Talk about spending lotsa money on a broken guitar:

A smashed guitar from the late grunge rocker Kurt Cobain has been sold to an unidentified private collector for $100,000....

"There's not a huge amount of broken Nirvana guitars out there," McMurray said, adding that most amount to "little slivers and fragments."...

Source (Yahoo):
    Smashed Kurt Cobain guitar sold for $100,000 - Yahoo! News

klicker is offline Super Moderator

mmm I've learned from this site that usually the better the condition of an item the more it's worth. This seems to be a rare exception though, where a guitar in bad condition (smashed) would be worth a lot more then if that guitar was in mint condition.

bonner is offline Uncommon

Ha I've got a feeling that the new owner won't be bringing that guitar in for repairs anytime soon...

jared is offline Staff

Maybe I should go smash my guitar too then

bonner is offline Uncommon

Quote Originally Posted by klicker View Post
    mmm I've learned from this site that usually the better the condition of an item the more it's worth. This seems to be a rare exception though, where a guitar in bad condition (smashed) would be worth a lot more then if that guitar was in mint condition.
    True, hehe