+ Reply to Thread
    chronodev is offline Founder

Ladybug Guitar/Hero: Comparing playing real guitar to playing Guitar Hero

Here is an article covering a topic that interests many: Real Guitar vs Guitar Hero.

----------------------------------------------
    The Game, The Instrument

The real guitar, there’s no denying it, is very different than what you’d think from the ones for Guitar Hero or Rock Band (though Rock Band is pretty close in design to the real deal). The whole reason I started playing guitar for real was because of how much I enjoyed Guitar Hero. I couldn’t ignore any more just how much of a good instrument the guitar actually was. Still, let’s talk about how the two compare, the real thing to the game. I’m betting that’s why you’re probably reading this.

Guitar Hero’s guitars are only good for two things with the real deal: Strumming and basic fingering. Strumming is one of the most difficult elements of actually playing the guitar, but my experience with Guitar Hero helped in that I could at least pick up a few more songs off the bat and stand a chance to play them. Even Rock Band’s Guitar, while close to the actual model doesn’t help much in regards to the elements of fingering. It is closer in proportions to a real guitar, it’s set up it pretty much spot on for a Fender Stratocaster set-up. The fret buttons are good for just learning about moving around slightly on the real thing, getting your hands into shape to deal with it. The game to the real thing are very different. Still, it is just about as rewarding to play through “Free Bird” in Guitar Hero 2 to playing through “House of the Rising Sun” on...

Continued Here:
    Guitar/Hero
    Last edited by chronodev; 12-03-2008 at 11:54 AM.
    chronodev
    Founder, RarityGuide.com
    "We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are." -Calvin & Hobbes