+ Reply to Thread
    rickcaron2008 is offline Uncommon
    Blog Entries

Default VINTAGE #2 1949 GILLETTE SUPER SPEED SAFETY RAZOR WITH ORIGINAL BOX

VINTAGE #2 1949 GILLETTE SUPER SPEED SAFETY RAZOR WITH ORIGINAL BOX

1949 Gillette Super Speed Safety Razor in Original Box

This razor and box are in very good+ vintage condition. You will be proud to own this set.

The Super-Speed One Piece hit the shaving scene in 1947. Like previous one- piece razors, this
    model at first had no "notched" positioning bar to hold the blade as it was pulled from the new
    dispenser. In early 1948, an Improved Super-Speed with a notched bar was brought out to aid in
    loading the razor by the new "improved" dispenser. Safety was stressed as the reason for these
    improvements; there was no longer need to touch the blade to load the razor.

These early Super-Speed models were put up in a cardboard case with a plastic "10" Blue Blade
    dispenser, all for only $1.00. These Super-Speeds were nickel-plated. The Super-Speed weighed in at
    1.9 oz with a blade gap of .62mm.

For 1949, the Super-Speed was put up for the first time in a Styrene "display" case. The bottom of
    the case was a solid color plastic, while the flip-top was clear. Gillette did not start date codes
    in these models until 1951 (W); models earlier than 1951 will not be date stamped.

PRICE $50.00 OBO
    SHIPPING $5.60 CONTINENTAL USA

RICHARDS RAZORS; MAKE ME AN OFFER I CAN'T REFUSE!

iOffer Stores - RICHARDS RAZORS

RICHARDS RAZORS at Bonanza - Collectibles, Safety Razors, Pain...

I BUY AND SELL VINTAGE SAFETY RAZORS, BLADES, MATCHBOX HOLDERS, LIGHTERS,COLLECTIBLE, VINTAGE, RAZOR, SHAVING, ANTIQUE CUFFLINKS, MEN, VINTAGE, TIETACK COINS, SILVER, DOLLAR, MORGAN, USA ACRYLIC,PAINTING, ORIGINAL, SIGNED, ART, EXPRESSIONISM, CANVAS

http://instantfinder.com/RICHARDSRAZORS

PAYPAL ONLY
    INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING COST: DEPENDS WHERE BUYER IS LOCATED.
    INTERNATIONAL BUYERS: I WILL NOT ALTER SELLING OR SHIPPING PRICE OR MARK AS A GIFT, I SHIP ONLY
    PRIORITY MAIL OUTSIDE OF U.S.A.
    INSURANCE IS AT THE DISCRETION OF THE BUYER.

Terms of Sale:
    When I describe an object as 'VINTAGE' or 'ANTIQUE' they will have the typical wear and tear you
    would expect with an older piece. Light scratches, scuffing & crazing and such like would be
    expected as opposed to a NEW condition. If an item is in MINT condition I will say so. If an item
    has any major issues - dents, deep marks, stains or heavy scratches etc. I will bring these to your
    attention in my description. All sales final.