+ Reply to Thread
    rickcaron2008 is offline Uncommon
    Blog Entries

Default 1930 Segal Unitary Razor In Original Box w Original Blades

1930 Segal Unitary Razor In Original Box w Original Blades
    RICHARDS RAZORS; MAKE ME AN OFFER I CAN'T REFUSE!

1930 Segal bright gold safety razor, this is a great safety razor that reads Segal, in very good
    condition. The razor is clean and in very good cosmetic condition. It is in excellent working
    order. This great razor was made by Segal Safety Razor Corp., 270 Broadway, New York, NY. Circa
    1930. Super nice condition.

The razor has excellent balance and is hefty at 2.5 oz. The shave was excellent as the razor's
    ballance makes it easy to control. This vintage kit comes with two unopened NOS boxes of Segal
    razor blades. The box is in good condition on one corner of the box the paper is peeling. I also
    have replacement Segal blades for sale.

The Segal is an incredible design (not as practical as Gillette's, but still incredible). I also
    find the Segal handles very, beautiful.

SEGAL Unitary Safety Razor, invented by Hyman R. Segal, of New York, NY. Mr. Segal applied for
    a US Patent on January 25, 1929, Serial No. 335,032. His safety razor US Patent was issued on July
    28, 1931. The difference in this razor is the way the cap is released to replace the double-edge
    blade; by turning the end of the handle in a clockwise turn, the cap is raised on a shaft so that
    the blade could be changed. By turning the end in a counter clockwise turn, the cap was lowered
    onto the comb-type guard.

There are several patent numbers pressed into the base of the razor head; the blades also had a
    patent number. At the time this item was manufactured--the early 1930's--Segal and Gillette were
    suing and countersuing each other for patent violations as each company strove to capture the
    safety razor market. You know now which one prevailed.

If you're interested, you can read a little bit more about the Segal/ Gillette patent conflict in
    the Time magazine archives:
    /time/magazine/article/0,9171,740216,00.html
    /time/magazine/article/0,9171,753005,00.html

[B]PRICE $55.00 OBO
    SHIPPING $5.60 CONTINENTAL USA

RICHARDS RAZORS; MAKE ME AN OFFER I CAN'T REFUSE!
    [/B]

iOffer Stores - RICHARDS RAZORS

RICHARDS RAZORS at Bonanza - Collectibles, Safety Razors, Pain...

I BUY AND SELL VINTAGE SAFETY RAZORS, BLADES, MATCHBOX HOLDERS, LIGHTERS,COLLECTIBLE, VINTAGE, RAZOR, SHAVING, ANTIQUE CUFFLINKS, MEN, VINTAGE, TIETACK COINS, SILVER, DOLLAR, MORGAN, USA ACRYLIC,PAINTING, ORIGINAL, SIGNED, ART, EXPRESSIONISM, CANVAS

RICHARDSRAZORS's online store - InstantFinder.com

PAYPAL ONLY
    INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING COST: DEPENDS WHERE BUYER IS LOCATED.
    INTERNATIONAL BUYERS: I WILL NOT ALTER SELLING OR SHIPPING PRICE OR MARK AS A GIFT, I SHIP ONLY
    USPS MAIL OUTSIDE OF U.S.A.
    INSURANCE IS AT THE DISCRETION OF THE BUYER.
    ALL SALES FINAL.

Terms of Sale:
    When I describe an object as 'VINTAGE' or 'ANTIQUE' they will have the typical wear and tear you
    would expect with an older piece. Light scratches, scuffing & crazing and such like would be
    expected as opposed to a NEW condition. If an item is in MINT condition I will say so. If an item
    has any major issues - dents, deep marks, stains or heavy scratches etc. I will bring these to your
    attention in my description. All sales final.