+ Reply to Thread
    techie is offline Very Common

Default dell optiplex gx270 how to remove motherboard

how do you remove the motherboard from a dell optiplex gx270?

eliphas0 is offline Uncommon

Default Re: dell optiplex gx270 how to remove motherboard

I suggest having a technician doing it for you.

First and most important protect yourself and your work area form ESD. (Electro Static Discharge). How to Protect a Computer From ESD | eHow.com

After that you will need to disconnect the IDE Cables from the board (HHD and CD-ROM) and move them out of your way.

Then you will want to remove the PSU (Power Supply) Cable from the board, These usually have lil notches that must be squeezed.

Once everything is out of your way, There will be 9 screws lined up in a 3 X3 pattern like this

They may not be lined or perfectly evenly spaced but that is the general pattern.

ALSO!!!! Generally in the DELL Clam Shell Cases there is 1 or 2 Green thumb tabs that will need to be pushed or pulled to release the holders.

Again if you don't feel confident at a glance, then Don't Do It.

techie is offline Very Common

thanks

eliphas0 is offline Uncommon

NP let me know if it worked out, 1 more thing about the older Dells many of them have a Proprietary PSU. The wire on the 24-pin connector are different. So if you need to change the PSU research it otherwise it my fry your board upon power up.