I received the following email. I am pretty sure it is a scam but I thought most scams were from nigeria or something and here he says he is from washington?

Hello ,

Please forgive me for the unofficial way of reaching you via email. Contacting you is the only option left to me due to the doctor's report on my deteriorating health condition which raised a lot of worries regarding some amount of money I secured in Iraq.

For you to understand my plight better, let me start by introducing myself to you. My name is Major Robert D. Brumfield from Seattle, Washington U.S.A, a member of the U.S. ARMY USARPAC Medical Team, which was deployed to Iraq at the beginning of the war in Iraq.

Presently I am disabled due to my bad experience and role which I played in the pursuit of my career serving under the U.S 1st Armored which was at the Fore-Front of the war in Iraq .Please find time to view the site below as it will be very useful for better understanding.

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Stash of money found in Baghdad

Having gone through the site, you should forward to me, your full names and address, your age and occupation, your valid contact telephone number. I got the sum of USD5,000,000.00 and it's in a bank and I need your assistance due to my health to claim this funds and use 70% of it to establish an Orphanage in my name (Brumfield Orphanage ) and take 30% for your good work as I am not sure if I will survive the sickness.

Best Regards ,

Major Robert D. Brumfield