+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LoZd20 - Extras

Zidarose is offline Editor in Chief

Default LoZd20 - Extras

With the recent conclusion of your fight with the demons possessing the band, Navi went off while the trio recovered from their brief battle.

When she came back, she reported that there were three potential locations for the batch of informers. She said there could be more than just one set, as she learned that they have begun to move around. "Only a few have actually stayed in one location" she looks around "still, they are just normal people. Some times those inside the people will try to cut a deal or offer a competition opposed to fighting. They will always do something that they are very sure of their success".

She takes a surprisingly deep breath and exhales after all that. "The towns are to the North, West and South. It will just be investigation trying to find the spies, but how you do that is up to you. Just remember, the Conclave will not be able to protect you from the local law enforcement."
    Finally, a new generation of Pokemon for us to enjoy. There is much to look forward to in 2011!

Default Re: LoZd20 - Extras

Grabbing a chunk of whatever passes for meat at the bar (lightening his pouch of howevever much gold) for the road, Slash settles in with the rest of the group.

"Might I suggest we head to either the North or the South, following up with the West."

The Willful Wanderer is offline Very Common

The Hylian giant blinks thoughtfully at that, carefully checking the fletching of one of her arrows. For a moment, she is unusually solemn about the task (vital as it can be), but when she looks up from it (or rather, down past it), her usual gentle smile appears on her face. She favors Slash with a pleased look.

"So, maybe a semicircle, then? Going to make a round trip of it?" A faint giggle follows her words.

Her eyes track back to the arrow a moment, then she slips it into her quiver, drawing the giant plush bear onto her lap. Both hands hold onto the faux bruin, pinning it to the back of her lap. "But, if they're moving around, maybe we should just find one spot and wait for them there? It's a lot easier to find someone if only one of the two of you is moving."

Dusty-jade eyes look to the last member of the group, seeking the smaller Hylian's guidance. "What should we do, Tarn?"

"Hmmmm" Navi ponders what the tall Hylian just said. "A semi circle might just work out well, the towns are only a few days apart, but that could work very well. We hadn't thought of that" she bows her head to the Hylian in respect. "Maybe start in the east and work your way west?"
    Finally, a new generation of Pokemon for us to enjoy. There is much to look forward to in 2011!

For Lordaeron! is offline Very Common

Tarn kneels on the ground, scooping up a handful of earth with one leather-gloved hand, examining it for a moment.

"Waiting for one of them to pass us by is an option, however pressed for time as we are, I don't think we can afford that. I like the idea of going in a semicircle. With Saya's, ahem, size on our side we can make good time. I suggest we go with what Navi said, starting east and then heading north followed by west."

He stands up, patting the earth and dust off his breeches. He smiles.

"Shall we?"

Navi beams and starts circling around the trio of adventurers. She zips around and settles down. "I'm ready to go when you are". She turns and looks to the east.

"I'm sure Saya can make it there in a day."

((I do believe the directions posted were North, South, and West..... So I'll just turn what Tarn said one direction counterclockwise.))

The huge hylian pouts slightly at the dismissal of her suggestion, but it only lasts for a moment. "Alright, then!" She carefully attaches Theo to her obi with both hands, apparently something to do with the strap holding the bear's cornucopia in place. "North it is!" She chirps as she looks up from the giant plush.

The fairy is favored with a -very- close and rather cross-eyed look, being about the size of a gnat to the twenty-foot young woman, jade-green eyes peering carefully. Saya takes care not to inhale deeply this near- that could get messy. "If you'd like, Miss Navi, you can rest on the top of my head. Nobody will be able to see you there!"

A slight giggle, then she leans back to sit upright and holds out her arms, hands spread. The broad ends of her sleeves drape onto the ground, and with less happening about, some of the more curious details can be seen- like the bracers she wears on her right index and middle finger as though they were rings, and the amulets worn on chains, one to a wrist.

"Come on, then! I'll carry you two on my shoulders." She offers, along with a friendly, eyes-closed smile.

Tarn tucks his spear into its rope noose fastened to the back of his leather armor, next to his backpack and the beamos cannon.

Then, swiftly and sure-footed, he jumps onto Saya's outstretched hand, and, after admiring her accoutrements for a moment, proceeds to clamber up her arm. Standing on her right shoulder he surveys the landscape, looking for any sign of their quarry, his cloak and blond hair lightly billowing in the wind.

-Later, post events at the tavern and the world's hugest card game-

Saya walks along quietly on the way to the next town to be checked. She has, naturally, forgotten the name of it already, but this doesn't bother her terribly- she trusts Tarn and his abilities implicitly, and knows he'll correct her if she should stray off from the proper path. Her mind is a bit occupied, though, presently shown by a question.

"Tarn?" She asks of the more experienced but much smaller hylian. Her expression is troubled, brown eyes downcast a bit- but not enough to hinder her traveling.

"Did you really think we should have left those people without a job or anything? I mean, they -were- tricked, I'm sure. It... it couldn't have been that they knew everyone in the tavern would be put at risk.... right? That... that wasn't the choice they made. So wouldn't it be kind of mean to punish them for something they didn't see coming?"

She chews on her lower lip after asking the question, clutching her giant plush bear to her middle as she steps over a large sedgerow.

Tarn sighs quietly, head lowered in contemplation.

'They made their choice Saya, they decided to accept the pact offered by the demons...thus, they must bear responsibility for their actions.'

He looks up, his familiar swagger returned once more. 'That said, we didn't leave them without a job, I spoke to the innkeeper before we left and made sure that he would employ them in return for all the business that he will receive over the next few weeks. It's all sorted out.' He smiles.

The giantess nods at that, turning her head just enough to glance at the man on her shoulder. "No, I know that.... I just..." She sighs.

"I thought maybe they deserved that chance, you know? I.... I'm sorry I argued with you over it." She glances off into the distance. "I just.... I don't like hurting people. Especially when it's not needed. Do they even count as the same people, really? I mean.... they didn't remember who they were at all. That... that's all I was really thinking.

"Since they don't remember doing it... you know?" She looks again to the man on her shoulder, expression concerned and a bit lost. Her hands clutch a bit tighter at Theo.

Tarn shakes his head, lightly patting Saya's massive shoulder at the same time.

'Don't be sorry, I understand what you mean, I like to avoid fighting as much as possible as well. That is why we agreed to the card game with the creature, so we would not have to battle it. Also, this way we were able to resolve it all without anyone getting hurt.'

He looks into the distance for a moment, thoughts churning in his mind.

'But I don't think Luthan is interested in talking.'

"I... I wouldn't know." There's a brief pause, the twenty-foot brunette minding her step, and watching the scenery go past.

"So... so, I think I understand that... Luthen, was it? That he's the major... thing. We're going against....

"But I don't know anything about him. Can... can you tell me, Tarn?" Her expression is earnest, inquiring. Theo remains in her arms, though her grip has eased somewhat.

'Well, I don't claim to know the entirety of his plans or his goals, but from what we have found it, it seems that Luthan was once good. He traveled with some companions, battling all manner of fell beasts in the name of justice.

However, it would appear that his fighting style drew upon the darkness in his heart to empower him. It got worse as time passed, no doubt fueled by all the horrible things Luthan saw. And one day...well, one day he just snapped. He killed his companions, and has now enacted a scheme that will rend asunder both this world and ours if he is not stopped.'

Navi sighs. "I remember when I first heard tales about Luthan. He sounded so good, like when he and his two companions took down a Balor, or taking down 15 guards in one fiery stroke. Him with his friends, they did so much for all of us, Tiberious and Araya and Luthan. They say it was the Shadow Sun Ninja style that did it. He thought he could balance it I guess, but he failed. Still, he left us those few students of his. If you could convince them, maybe they could tell us more about it. I wish he hadn't turned evil, whatever the reason was." She flutters slight over to Saya and does her best to hug the giant hylian. "Still, we have a lead on what to do next and a bit after too. Maybe we can bring the Good Luthan back into the Light, have him give up the practice of the Shadow Sun!"

"Agreed. I still endorse hanging out with the guy, but I would prefer to be alive afterward."

Slash looks around.

"I assume that wasn't all of them. Where are we off to next on our demon hunting trip?"

(Two plots? You know!)

Navi looks out from within Saya's hair. "Two different plans? I wonder if our last group will know something about this" she looks down briefly. "What do you think about this? The Mountain stronghold or this Cult?"