+ Reply to Thread
    Vicky is offline Uncommon

Default Conflicker.B Infection Alert?

I got this email from microsoft windows agent, it has an attachment in it which suppodedly is a anti-virus scan? How do I know if it is real or not?

Dear Microsoft Customer,

Starting 18/10/2009 the ‘Conficker’ worm began infecting Microsoft customers unusually rapidly. Microsoft has been advised by your Internet provider that your network is infected.

To counteract further spread we advise removing the infection using an antispyware program. We are supplying all effected Windows Users with a free system scan in order to clean any files infected by the virus.

Please install attached file to start the scan. The process takes under a minute and will prevent your files from being compromised. We appreciate your prompt cooperation.

Regards,
    Microsoft Windows Agent #2 (Hollis)
    Microsoft Windows Computer Safety Division

eliphas0 is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Conflicker.B Infection Alert?

Your ISP would notify you if there a Network Wide Infection and I assure you they took the steps needed to protect against Conficker months ago.

Also M$ would not know to tell you. They do not monitor you ISP's network traffic. Its a scam. Do not download or run anything.

Furthermore Microsoft does not have a legal agreement with you to send soliciting emails. In addition to that they would not email you anything as an attachment. Because it is Extremely Unsecure & Inefficient.

If you are concerned with the security of your PC, download and run Malwarebytes Antimalware. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.41 - FileHippo.com

Vicky is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Conflicker.B Infection Alert?

thanks, glad I checked then.