+ Reply to Thread
    Arthas is offline Uncommon

Default windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the..

I installed ssome CD writing software and I get this?

windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)

what does it mean?

Motor is offline Moderator

Default Re: windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find t

eliphas0 is offline Uncommon

Default Re: windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find t

Arthas take great caution when editing the Registry in anyway. It is very easy to render your PC a paper weight. I hope you read this before you attempt the manual correction (if the fixit does not work).

Be sure to Backup your Registry and Create a System Restore Point before you do anything.

Here are Detailed instructions on How to Create a Restore Point and Backup (Also Restore your Registry) although a System Restore should resolve any problem you encounter.

Good Luck

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Thanks for the advice

If I use the Microsoft Fix It option will it do this for me automatically?

eliphas0 is offline Uncommon

Yeah that lil Mechanic Icon, you will need to save it to your desktop and then run it. But yes, it is intended to repair it for you. Its M$ of way of saying "Ooops we screwed up."

It will not create the back up but it Should create a restore point when it installs. But I would make one manually to be safe.