+ Reply to Thread
    skyfox is offline Uncommon

Default repair c64 floppy Disk

My Karateka Floppy Disk is not loading! Its not a problem with my disk drive since other games are loading

How do I fix it

skyfox is offline Uncommon

Default Re: repair c64 floppy Disk

OK I just now noticed that there is a fingerprint on the bottom portion of the floppy on that place where there are not supposed to be fingerprints! What do i do?

Commodorian is offline Uncommon

I think if there is a fingerprint on the magnetic stripe and the disk doesnt work then the data might be corrupted beyond repair. Maybe look for another copy of Karateka on Ebay

Fennyariel is offline Common

I know this is going to sound totally crazy but trust me it works! ;v) I used to do this all the time! ;v) With one of those skinny exacto knives like you'd find in a craft store CAREFULLY cut the seal on the top edge of the disk. OK, are you ready? This is the crazy sounding part! ;v) Go fill your kitchen sink with warm Ivory dish washing suds and dunk it a few times like a tea bag. Then pat it dry inside of a nice, clean cotton dish towel and slide it back into the disk casing then tape it shut with good old masking tape. Your disk is now good as new! ;v)