+ Reply to Thread
    king_me78 is offline Very Common

Default Looking for C64 Game Title

So I'm trying to remember the name of a C64 game that my cousin used to have

I can't really remember too much about it though. It was a RPG/Adventure game with no real movement, it was just a simple screen where you entered various commands like "move left' or 'move right' or "use item' etc. When you moved from room to room it would give you a description of what was in the room and you would have to figure out what to do, using items and weapons to unlock secrets and kill monsters. You couldn't 'see' anything going on, it was description only and moved from screen to screen so you only needed the keyboard.

I can't really remember specifics although there was a secret command that you had to use in one of the rooms which was 'wopton' - which backwards said 'not pow' and killed some monster I think.

My cousin made a map of this entire game and what commands you had to do in each room and how to move. I wish I still had it. It was the only way you could really know how to get around.

Sorry if its kinda vague but its probably been 20 years since I played this game. I would think this was a pretty unique simple format and probably pretty rare.

Zorch is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Looking for C64 Game Title

Hi,
    sounds like a text adventure to me. Or did the game have any gfx?
    You might want to browse through the Gamebase64. Hey, only 946 entrys

king_me78 is offline Very Common

Default Re: Looking for C64 Game Title

Yes it was a text adventure then....and I believe it was 'Cavern Of Riches'

Thanks