+ Reply to Thread
    klicker is offline Super Moderator

Default Commodore 64 games as investment

I was wondering how's the market for Commodore 64 games. Is it worth buying them now for investment purposes? Do you think they will fall or rise with value over the years?

gamescollector is offline Uncommon

From my experience, the Commodore 64 games are on a rising trend. More and more people are looking for them and more and more are buying them. I predict this will even increase in the next few years. I believe this is due to more people connecting with their roots, which in our case is the Commodore 64 (Also the Atari 2600 for me)

Now, this doesn't mean that you should go out and start buying Commodore 64 for investment. I mean by all means go ahead and buy C64 games for your own collection or if you have a good time playing them. But if the primary purpose is investment, I am sure there are better ways to invest money. The only time I would buy for investment is if I find a very good deal on Commodore 64 (for example the other day I found in a thrift shop the game M.U.L.E in new condition for $5 bucks only! I already have a copy of the game, but I bought this copy for investing basically.

jared is offline Staff

I think if you wanted to buy them for investment you might be a bit late for that. The best time to invest in them would have been when they came out. Also you would have had to keep them in new condition for the greatest ROI (Return on Investment)

But like gamescollector said, get them for fun! I think C64 games are one of the more cooler things to collect and play.

Commodorian is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Commodore 64 games as investment

I usuall buy them just to play, but if I see a sealed copy or a game that I think is rare them I would buy it for investment