+ Reply to Thread

Default playstation 3 rarity question

I think its one of the best things to happen to gaming is that the ps3 is region free as far as games are concerned and we can buy any region games and all work on it.

I personally own a Asian ps3 since i am from Pakistan -Asia. I want to ask is that i recently checked the 7 games that i own on it . I have 1 region 1 , 5 region 2 and 1 region 3.

Now how will the regions stand when the ps3 gets old. will the region 1 attract more value then the other regions or will all the games will be treated equally just depending on the condition ?

BlackDS is offline Scarce

Default Re: playstation 3 rarity question

Actually, the PS3 wasn't the fist system to have no lockout chip, by far. I think that title goes to the 3DO, or mabye even older.
    There is usually a slight premium for games that were only released in other regions because they have to be imported. Usually, it just depends on how the individual game sells. Some games will be worth more in region 1 because they didn't sell as well, some will be rarer in region 2 for the same reason.

but thats the point that who will deter mine what game is rarer in region 2 or 1 since now the games are region free so basically arent region 1 and 2 games all the same.

i mean lets say in the future i go to Ebay and i need resident Evil 5 for the ps3 now i will just search for it regardless of the region because i know its region free and i will buy it regardless of the region. so who will determine which region is more rare then the other ?

i think there is no such force.

BlackDS is offline Scarce

An easy way to tell where a newer game came from is by looking at the box. All newer games use a localized rating system (USA is ESRB, I think Japan uses ELSPA, etc.). If it is the original game, not a pirated one, that will tell you where it came from. Unfortunately, we currently only make rarityguides for American games, but perhaps whenever we complete the database, we will make ones for other regions. Hope this helps!