+ Reply to Thread
    chronodev is offline Founder

Default First things you ever collected?

What were the first things you ever collected?

For me, as a child I would collect Sticker albums. For those who don't know what it is, they are books with designated sections for stickers, usually based on a specific theme. You would buy sticker packs with random stickers, and would try to complete the album. Trading with friends is involved

Some albums I remember collecting were a Mazinger Album, He-Man Masters of the Universe Album, and soccer/world cup albums.

Sticker albums are great as a first item to collect, as each album has a finite amount of stickers to complete (as opposed to for example stamps or coins which can be overwhelming to collect...)
    chronodev
    Founder, RarityGuide.com
    "We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are." -Calvin & Hobbes

Oddish is offline Common

Default Re: First things you ever collected?

Garbage Pail Kids

Vintage Hen is offline Very Common

The first thing I collected were books.
    Seems to me I started out with Jennifer Wilde's book "Loves Tender Fury" and went on the hunt for the sequels, which I found at various yard sales and one at a Friends of the Library Sale one summer.

Then I started collecting all the V.C. Andrews books. I sure wish I had all those today.
    As a teen I also collected Tanya Tucker albums.

Next came frog figurines, then it was coffee mugs and, now, well, I collect all kinds of vintage things.

I remember the garbage pail kids!

Jay
    Jay is offline Common

hockey cards

decorative tins

Miscetal is offline Common

Books! I brought my collection of hard cover adult novels to my 4th grade class for "hobby and collection" day - and Sister Mary Laurentine, who despaired of me ever learning to do long division or keep quiet during quiet times arranged for me to spend some time once a week just hanging out in our tiny library.

And that did it for me, for life - I can't start or end a day without some reading.

BlackDS is offline Scarce

Hot wheels cars. When I was younger I played with them. Then I started collecting Gamegear and n64 games cause they were cheap, then one thing led to another and bam! 550 games