+ Reply to Thread
    chronodev is offline Founder

Planet Qix, because a line must be drawn! Review of Qix for the Atari Lynx

A review of the classic game Qix for the Atari Lynx handheld console.

------------------------------------

Intro

Let me start with a confession. Qix is one of my all time favorite games. You might be asking, what's the deal with that game anyway, it's all about drawing some lines and making shapes. Yet the simplicity of it, and at the same time the challenge it offers, is what has always drawn me to it. This is the review of the Atari Lynx port, one of the earlier ports to a handheld platform. And so, it is with much pleasure that I bring you this review...

Story

I read the manual that came with the game, and could not find a story. The back of the box reveals that there's Qix and its mutant offspring Sparx and you have to claim their territory before they frag you.

Gameplay

If you are not familiar with this game, think of Etch a Sketch. That's right, Etch a Sketch. All you have to do in QIX is basically draw shapes on the screen. But, there are those who wish to deny you the right to drawing these shapes. Those who seek to trap and electrocute you. Let's meet the cast of Qix...

Continued at:
    Qix, because a line must be drawn! Review of Qix for the Atari Lynx
    Last edited by chronodev; 12-03-2008 at 01:21 PM.
    chronodev
    Founder, RarityGuide.com
    "We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are." -Calvin & Hobbes

atarilad is offline Uncommon

QIX is a very good game, I do like the Atari Lynx version as well (Though it is funner to play it on a larger screen)

Atari Gamer is offline Very Common

Default Re: Qix, because a line must be drawn! Review of Qix for the Atari Lynx

good review