Some news from the gaming auction world, got this email from GameGavel.com:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello GameGavel (formerly ChaseTheChuckwagon) Community,

You may have seen or heard me mention of a big announcement in past podcasts or in the forums. It is now time to reveal this announcement and what it will mean for you as a member of GameGavel.com.

Starting next week we will be aligning ourselves with ScrewAttack.com, a large, flourishing website dedicated to gaming. ScrewAttack has positioned themselves to be the Youtube/Facebook of the video gaming world and you should do yourself a favor and check them out. ScrewAttack will be promoting GameGavel.com throughout their community and endorsing GameGavel as the official gaming auction site of ScrewAttack. On average ScrewAttack.com sees 60,000-80,000 visits and roughly 250,000 page views each day (and growing). They have a large and loyal international community and all this will start feeding into GameGavel.com right away. This is a very big development and will bring in significantly larger traffic numbers to GameGavel as new buyers and sellers start participating on the site.

For more info on ScrewAttack visit: ScrewAttack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

With this new relationship and the added visibility, GameGavel will be faced with significantly increased site hosting expenses. As you are all well aware, we have initially offered use of GameGavel free of listing fees and photo upload fees. These are two areas, which will have to change so we can continue to operate at this higher level. It is our goal to bring significantly more buyer/bidding activity to our sellers to offset our new fee structure, which will still always remain 50-75% less than fees incurred by using Ebay.

Here is the new fee structure that will go into affect starting this week. I am showing the GameGavel fees side x side with Ebay’s fees so you have a clear picture comparing both sites. I will also be adding this comparison page to our About Us tab on the site header so you can reference it at any time.

Listing Fees GameGavel Ebay

(Starting Bid $)

$0-$1.00 $.05 $.10

$1.01-$199.00 $.15 $.25-$2.00

$200+ $.50 $3.00-$4.00

Final Value Fees - GameGavel

$0-$100 4% of closing value

$101-$1000 4% of the First $100 + 1.75% of closing value between $100-$1000

$1000+ 4% of the First $100 + 1.75% of closing value between $100-$1000 +1% of closing value over $1000.

Final Value Fees – Ebay

$.01-$25 8 ¾% of closing value

$25.01-$1000 8 ¾% of the first $25+3.5% of closing value between $25.01- $1000

$1000+ 8 ¾% of the first $25+3.5% of closing value $25.01-$1000 + 1% of closing value over $1000.

Listing Enhancements GameGavel Ebay
Bold Titles $.50 $2.00
Reserve Fee $.50 $2.00
Buy Now Free $.05-$.25
10-20 Day Duration Free $.40
Scheduled Listings Free $.10
Homepage Feature $3 Unknown-Expensive
Top of Category $1 $25
Photo Hosting 1st Free, $.05 after 1st Free, $.15 after
Seller Homepage/Store Free $15/Month

You can see by the fee structures above GameGavel fees are remaining significantly lower than Ebay fees; and that will never change. If you are one that received or purchased a discounted seller account then that discount still applies to the new fee structure.

2010 is going to be a monumental year for GameGavel.com, its members and affiliates. This is something I can guarantee. It is our goal to continue providing video gamers around the world the best, most focused place to buy and sell modern and classic video games. And this new relationship with ScrewAttack will help us all get more out of using GameGavel than ever before.

I want to wish you all Happy Holidays and best wishes for the New Year. And remember to shop GameGavel.com this holiday season.

Questions? I can be easily reached by email at socalmike@gamegavel.com or through the GameGavel forums.

So Cal Mike, Founder
GameGavel.com