+ Reply to Thread
    jciftw is offline Very Common

Default New FFVII Misprint?

Hello everyone, I've been looking all over the web for Final Fantasy VII Greatest Hits Misprints trying to find a case that looked like mine.

The Black Label FFVII ESRB is:
    TEEN
    REALISTIC VIOLENCE

The only picture I've seen of the GH ESRB is(EDIT: Quite possibly only Black Label edition, need verifiers please):
    TEEN (13+)
    COMIC MISCHIEF
    MILD ANIMATED VIOLENCE
    MILD LANGUAGE

Now my GH ESRB is:
    TEEN
    COMIC MISCHIEF
    MILD ANIMATED VIOLENCE
    MILD LANGUAGE

My case doesn't have "(13+)" after the "TEEN" rating, and I was wondering if anyone else has this or if this is a new unheard of misprint?
    Last edited by jciftw; 03-28-2009 at 01:01 AM.

Zak
    Zak is offline Old School Gamer

Default Re: New FFVII Misprint?

I believe that the different ESRBs are not really "misprints" but rather "variations". I think I have seen a greatest hits copy without the "13" before.

However, there does exist a misprint with the greatest hits. If you open the box, the inside art should have an airship on the left and Sepiroth in flames on the right. The misprints have instead Sepiroth in Flames on both sides. Do you have this misprint version?

Segment is offline Common

I think the Black Label misprint is the most famous one... interesting to hear about this double Sepiroth misprint, didnt know it existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    I believe that the different ESRBs are not really "misprints" but rather "variations". I think I have seen a greatest hits copy without the "13" before.

However, there does exist a misprint with the greatest hits. If you open the box, the inside art should have an airship on the left and Sepiroth in flames on the right. The misprints have instead Sepiroth in Flames on both sides. Do you have this misprint version?
    well a variation could sometimes be considered a misprint. Though I havent compared the back of too many Greatest hits FF7 to know how rare this variation is

Zak

This link has some good information on misprints including a photo of the Double Sepiroth one:

Game Rave Presents: Final Fantasy VII

kangaroo is offline Uncommon

Check out these photos of a FF7 box:

Final Fantasy VII (Greatest Hits) (US) Box Shot for PlayStation - GameFAQs

is this what yours looks like?

I just took some pictures, I had to install my webcam so I could store its photos on the computer... But anyways, here they are of the front, inside, and back.
    ----------

Zak

Yes thats definetly the Double Sepiroth misprint. See how in the middle image you posted there is a Sephiroth in flames both on the right and on the left? The normal versionhas an airship on the left and the Sephiroth flames on the right

Yeah, I learned about that when I was trying to find the price of FFVII about a couple weeks ago. Thats when I came accross the Black Label Misprint and the Double Seph Misprint. The game rave is where I saw that and I was looking at the ESRB ratings and was wondering why mine didn't have "(13+)", I had tried to google it and I wasn't able to find any answers. So is it safe to assume that people are unsure about the rarity of FFVII GH with/without the age?

The gamerave site shows only the back of the black label versions.

Can you link to a photo of a greatest hits version that does have the 13+?

If you click the Game Rave link that was posted by Zak, there is a picture of the backs of two game cases, it explains that the one on the left is the Greatest Hits variance and that the right is the Black Label one.

Both of the backs pictured there are of a black version. The one to the left is the normal black version and the one to the right is the misprint black label.

When the author there says "Besides the Greatest Hits variant to my left (er, is that your left?)..." he was referring to the Greatest Hits on the left frame of which the back is not shown.

Marc is offline Common

I think Segment is right...

Hmm.. I was just assuming that he was just referring to the photo under the text and since there were 2 cases with the "left" thing... So then I might have a plain case, does anyone else have a FFVII GH with case and can you verify the ESRB rating?

taran22 is offline Uncommon

I have the FF7 Greatest Hits version and mine also doesnt say 13+ on the ESRB rating

Until is offline Very Common

Even if it isn't the misprint you thought it is, you still do hold a misprint copy (Double Sephiroth)

taran22 is offline Uncommon

How much is the Double Sepiroth FF7 Greatest Hits misprint worth? Would it be worth a lot more than the regular FFVII greatest hits?