+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bible leaf

bcus28 is offline Very Common

Default Bible leaf

Hi, not sure if this is the right section but I have this and wondering if anyone knows any information about it, thanks in advance!

I can get more/clearer images if needed.

CastleKing is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Bible leaf

Very nice, looks very well preserved for its age (1564 thats almost 500 years old now!). I can only guess it is worth a lot but hopefully someone with more expertise on bible pages will reply here with a better answer!

bcus28 is offline Very Common

Castle thanks for the reply! Yeah I've had it for almost ten years now, but never found ANYTHING about it. No clue even if it's genuine or not. I guess I could always send it in for authentication etc, but just lazy so I guess it'll sit some more

It's definetely staying out of sunlight though, gotta keep that beautiful scene of burning in tact!

Jeff81 is offline Uncommon

Trying to read whats on the note: (and guessing some missing letters and words)

"This page printed in 1564 by Hans Kraft Erben in Wurtemberg, Germany, comes from of the ealiest known printed bibles in Germal language. This two volume edition the old and the new testaments was printed years after martin luther completed his compilation. All of the illustrations were printed by hand from woodblocks at the time of vocation.

Three book-sellers, Conrad Riehlen, Bogeln and Samueln Telfischen were sole right to dispose of these holy by augustus churfurst in dresden on of June, 1564. Anyone infringing on those privileges would incur severe penalties.

According to a were bought by gott"